With COVID-19 infection rates remaining low in Manhattan, we are excited to announce that beginning November 1, Sunday morning worship will return to our beloved sanctuary indoors. In order to reduce the amount of time spent indoors, you'll find that our services will a bit shorter than normal, with limited music and abbreviated sermons.
For those unable to attend, Sunday worship will continue to be livestreamed on Facebook Live. Scroll down to find worship resources for each Sunday, including the complete bulletin and a children's page.
Plans are in place to ensure that our gatherings indoors are as safe as possible:
- Our heating and air conditioning filtration system is being upgraded to more effectively remove airborne particles from the air. The system will be on during worship, continuously circulating and filtering the air in the building. Weather permitting, the doors may be opened for further ventilation.
- Before and after worship, all high-contact surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected, including handrails, door handles, and elevator buttons.
- A maximum of eighteen worshipers will be permitted at each service, with seats safely spaced out in the sanctuary.
- In order to limit attendance and facilitate COVID contact tracing, please register below if you plan to attend worship. Those who are unable to register online will be asked to provide their contact information before entering the sanctuary.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while on Trinity’s property. Both mouth and nose must be fully covered.
- Because communal singing has been shown to increase the risk of spreading COVID through airborne particles, all singing will be done by our cantors. Please refrain from singing, even if it’s your favorite hymn, and allow the text and music of the hymns and liturgical music to speak to you in your heart and mind.
- At the distribution of Holy Communion, only the bread will be offered in order to reduce contact with the chalice. Rest assured that receiving Holy Communion “in one kind” is a fully effective and valid means of receiving the promise of Christ’s presence and forgiveness in the sacrament.
- In order to avoid passing the offering plates from hand to hand, an offering basket is available on the table in the narthex. As always, contributions may also be made online at www.trinitylowereastside.org/give. We are grateful for your generosity!
REGISTER TO ATTEND WORSHIP IN-PERSON: